2020 Compassion Resource Directory
Assistance with Internet Access:
- Comcast– Free Internet Essentials through June 30 to eligible low-income families.
- Spectrum Internet– Free internet and WiFi through June 30 for teachers, or students, for new customers for the first 60 days of your internet services. We’ll waive any installation, pre-payment fees, as well as late fees and won’t terminate service either. Call (855) 243-8892 to sign up.
- Cox Communications– Free Connect2Compete low-cost internet through July 15, but you must sign up before May 15. All customers enrolled since March 13 will receive free service through July 15 as well, then $9.95/month thereafter. Through June 30, Cox will not terminate service and will waive late fees. They also have discounted, refurbished equipment is available through PCs for People.
- AT&T– Free ‘Access from AT&T’ through May 24, then $10/month. Through June 30, we’ll continue to allow up to 90 days from the initial past due date to pay balances, but please let us know as soon as possible and then set up a payment arrangement. We’re also waiving late fees and overage charges through June 30, if you notify us.
- Suddenlink- Free Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband until June 30th for households with K-12 and/or college students then $14.99/month. Call 888-633-0030 to enroll or click here for additional information.
Pulaski County Special School District Resources
Covid-19 Available Benefits and Resources
Covid-19 – Just the Facts
Special Enrollment Period for Marketplace Health Insurance
Arkansas Revenue Dept. Services/MyDMV – Available online services include registering a vehicle, ordering a replacement driver’s license, and ordering a personalized license plate along with many additional services.
IRS Site for Getting Your Economic Impact Payment
Unemployment-Arkansas Division of Workforce Services
Temporary Unemployment Claims Hotlines: 1-844-908-2187 or 501-534-6304
New Arkansas Unemployment Website- for federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) here seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also file by calling 1- 844-908-2178 between 6 a.m. – 4 p.m. This is a federal program for people who are not eligible for regular state unemployment benefits, extended benefits or Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation, and are unemployed, partially unemployed, or unable to work due to COVID-19. This includes:
- -Self-employed workers
- -Independent contractors
- -Non-profit employees
- -Gig economy workers
- -Individuals working for employers exempt from the regular UI program
- -Part-time workers without enough work history to qualify for regular UI benefits
- -Individuals impacted by COVID-19 but not eligible for regular UI benefits due to a prior disqualification
IRS Free Tax Filing Options Both federal and Arkansas State tax filing deadlines were extended from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020. Depending on your income, you may qualify for free tax filing services via
Distance Education Approved Resources
Arkansas Department of Health
AR Department of Health COVID-19 Resources
AR State Government
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
World Health Organization
Coronavirus Quick Reference Guide