Is being without a high school diploma keeping you from getting a better job or going to college? Let Pulaski County Adult Education help you reach your goals for success!
Did you know that people with a high school credential earn $568,000 more in their lifetime than people without a high school diploma or GED?
What is the GED® Test?
The GED® test is a four-subject test that measures skills required by high schools and requested by colleges and employers. The subjects are:
- Social Studies
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Reasoning Through Language Arts
Why take the GED® Test?
The GED® test can help you move to the next level—whether that’s college, technical training, or a better job. For many employers, colleges, and the military, passing the GED® test proves that you’re ready to meet the challenge!
Not a traditional age student? Take the GED® test to model the value of pursuing education for your children or grandchildren. Or get the GED® to reach a long-held goal you set for yourself.
How do I qualify to take the GED®?
You have to be 16 years of age or older, not enrolled in or graduated from high school, and you must meet other state requirements.
Before taking the GED® test in Arkansas, you must take and pass the official GED® Ready Test. Both the GED® Ready Test and the GED® Official Test are now given online. However, students must take both tests at an approved testing facility.
After you pass the GED® test, your diploma or credential will be issued by the state, and you’ll receive a GED® transcript that can be handy for several uses.
Testing is done at the Pulaski County Adult Education Center, located at 4424B AR-161 in North Little Rock, Arkansas, on Thursdays between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM.
GED® Ready Test Fee- $24, or $6 per section. If you score 535 or better on the TABE tests, you may be eligible to get the cost of these tests waived. Students must earn a scale score of 535 in Reading, Math, and Language on the TABE test as well as pass a Computer Literacy Course and the Aztec GED pre-test in all four areas.
GED® Official Test Fee- $16, or $4 per section.
Get your GED in 3 months or less with the following process:
- Go to your local Pulaski County Adult Education Center
- Sign up and take the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) tests
- Based on your test results, you will either be able to take the GED-Ready tests, or may have to take up to 40 hours of coursework.
- You will be post-tested at the end of 30-40 hours of coursework.
- Take all 4 GED-Ready tests with a score of 145 or better.
- Once GED-Ready tests are passed, you can schedule the GED tests. These must be taken at the main Adult Education Center at 4424 Highway 161, Harris Annex.
Questions? Call 501-945-6055 or 501-392-0343.
GED Ready Test Facts:
- You need a score of 145 in each area to pass. Score of 170-200 is considered honors.
- The first GED® test was created in 1942 and is updated every 10-15 years.
- The GED® test takes a little more than seven hours to complete.
To register to take the GED® Ready Test or the GED® Official test, click HERE