Assistance with Internet Access:
- Comcast– Free Internet Essentials for 2 months for eligible families until June 30.
- Spectrum Internet– Free internet & WiFi for 2 months if enrolled by June 30th.
- Cox Communications– Offers Connect2Compete affordable internet program, but your household must have at least one K-12 student and participate in a government assistance program. Through June 30, Cox will not terminate service and will waive late fees. Discounted, refurbished equipment is also available through their PCs for People.
- AT&T– ‘Access from AT&T’ for eligible families, including free installation and in-home Wi-Fi, no annual contract, and no deposit for $10/month. They are also waiving late fees and overage charges through June 30, if you notify them..
- Suddenlink– Free Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband with a discounted installation fee until June 30th for households with K-12 and/or college students, then $14.99/month.
Pulaski County Special School District Resources
Covid-19 Available Benefits and Resources
Covid-19 – Just the Facts
Special Enrollment Period for Marketplace Health Insurance
Arkansas Revenue Dept. Services/MyDMV – Available online services include registering a vehicle, ordering a replacement driver’s license, and ordering a personalized license plate along with many additional services.
IRS Site for Getting Your Economic Impact Payment
Unemployment-Arkansas Division of Workforce Services
Temporary Unemployment Claims Hotlines: 1-844-908-2187 or 501-534-6304
New Arkansas Unemployment Website- for federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) here seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also file by calling 1- 844-908-2178 between 6 a.m. – 4 p.m. This is a federal program for people who are not eligible for regular state unemployment benefits, extended benefits or Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation, and are unemployed, partially unemployed, or unable to work due to COVID-19. This includes:
- -Self-employed workers
- -Independent contractors
- -Non-profit employees
- -Gig economy workers
- -Individuals working for employers exempt from the regular UI program
- -Part-time workers without enough work history to qualify for regular UI benefits
- -Individuals impacted by COVID-19 but not eligible for regular UI benefits due to a prior disqualification
IRS Free Tax Filing Options Both federal and Arkansas State tax filing deadlines were extended from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020. Depending on your income, you may qualify for free tax filing services via
Distance Education Approved Resources
Arkansas Department of Health
AR State Government
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
World Health Organization
Coronavirus Quick Reference Guide